If you successfully complete our domestic gas course, you can proceed to joining the Gas Safe Register – a must for all gas engineers. But before you can take any ACS (Accredited Certification Scheme) assessments, you’ll need to build a portfolio of gas work under the supervision of a Gas Safe engineer.
Rest assured that our fully-qualified gas tutors will help you to learn the technical knowledge and practical skills needed to become a competent gas engineer and work safely with a wide range of domestic gas appliances. Please contact us or call 0800 345 7492 for more information on our domestic gas engineer course.
Domestic Gas Course DetailsThere are 3 key elements to the domestic gas course: initial gas training, creating a portfolio of supervised work, and finally the completion of the ACS exams.
Training will take place in our purpose-built gas training centre, where you’ll be taught by experienced professionals with a long history in the gas industry.
We cover the following areas through a mixture of theory lessons and hands-on workshops:
- Testing and purging of domestic gas installations
- Ventilation Controls for gas appliances
- Gas pipe work
- Gas industry legislation
- Installation of domestic gas appliances
- Commissioning of domestic gas appliances
- Servicing of domestic gas appliances
- Maintenance of domestic gas appliances
- Unsafe situations
Who Should Apply?If you hold no plumbing, gas or related qualifications then this gas course is ideal for your requirements.
Those with previous experience will also be perfectly suited to the course’s content, which comprises the following:
- Intensive gas foundation course covering all principles and applications (Managed Learning Programme)
- A portfolio produced under the supervision of a Gas Safe engineer
- CCN1 & appliance full assessments
Gas Safe RegistrationUpon successful completion of an ACS assessment, you will be able to register with Gas Safe, who are employed by the UK government to regulate gas safety. Registering with Gas Safe means that you have become a qualified gas engineer and may now legally work on domestic gas appliances.
For more information on this course and upcoming course dates / availability, please contact the Plumbing Academy today.