Solar Thermal Hot Water Course
Solar Thermal Course OverviewAs more people turn toward energy saving methods for their heating, the Plumbing Academy is pleased to offer the Solar Thermal (Hot Water) Course for plumbers who are looking to get ahead in the trade. This solar thermal course will allow you to extend your scope of work into the installation of the most common solar water heating systems found in the UK.
The solar thermal hot water course will take place in one of our state-of-the-art training facilities, situated in various locations throughout England and Wales.
Solar Thermal Hot Water Course DetailsThe solar thermal hot water course takes place at our state-of-the-art training facility 10 minutes from the M25 and is easily accessible from London, Kent, Surrey and Essex. Here you will be taught by professional tutors in small classroom sizes to ensure you get the most out of the experience. You will be presented with a Solar Domestic Hot Water Heating System training pack and a pre-course training manual which can be studied in your own time prior to starting the solar course.
- Introduction to Solar
- Design and choice of Solar Collectors
- Installation of Collectors
- Hot Water Storage
- Design and Layout of System
- Preparing to install system
- Control and Power Requirements
- System Commissioning
Who Should Apply?Applicants for the Solar Thermal course must possess one of the following qualifications;
- S/NVQ 2 or Advanced Craft in Plumbing, Heating & Ventilation or gas service.
- ACS certificates in CCN1 and CEN1 and an Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems certificate or evidence that you are undertaking study.
- Non skilled candidates who have good knowledge such as architects and/or specifiers can attend, but will not be eligible for certificates or cards of competence.