Air Source Heat Pumps Course
Heat Pumps Course OverviewThis renewable energy course from the Plumbing Academy is designed to provide you with the knowledge and specific skill set required to correctly install ground source and air source heat pumps. These heat pumps extract the heat from either the air or earth below cheaply and efficiently, while not polluting the air as they do not require external venting.
The ground and air source heat pumps course explores how a ground source heat pump works, principles and components, insulation, heat loss and the effect of heating system design. It has also been developed in conjunction with the Heat Pump Association with the intention that the training course is recognised as demonstrating competence for the Micro-generation scheme.
Train with us today and put yourself ahead of the competition in the new and rapidly growing market of ground and air source heat pumps.
Ground and Air Source Heat Pumps Course DetailsThe course will be delivered in one of the Plumbing Academy’s state-of-the-art facilities, located within easy reach of London, Cardiff, Bristol, Kent,Exeter, and several other areas. Here, our experienced tutors will take you through the following course outline:
- Ground and air source heat pumps in context
- How ground and air source heat pumps work – principles and components
- Insulation, heat losses and the effect of heating system design
- Horizontal ground heat exchangers
- Health and Safety
- Ground source and air source heat pump installation
- Maintenance and fault finding
Who Should Apply?Prior plumbing experience and knowledge of hot and cold water systems is essential for this course, and so it is targeted at those who;
- Are a conventional heating engineering or hold a formal qualification at NVQ Level 3 in plumbing and heating
- Are currently undertaking a course in plumbing or heating engineering which will lead to a formal qualification such as NVQ Level 3 in plumbing or heating engineering