Electrical Courses
Electrical Courses
For Electrical Courses suited to your requirements...
Search Courses >
or Call us now: 03333 442351

Domestic Electrical Course

Electrical Course Overview

On this electrical course you will be taught everything you need to know about installing domestic electrical work including lighting circuits, power circuits for sockets, cooker circuits, wiring consumer units (fuse boards) plus much more. The difference between our course and others out there of similar description is that we teach not only ‘how’ do carry out this work but ‘why’ it should be carried out in the way we teach you. Many long time served electricians doing this course have been surprised at the mistakes they unconsciously made over the years!

You will also be shown the importance of using an electrical test meter and the readings it gives you. We will give you all the qualifications you need (such as Part P and the 17th Edition), along with the confidence necessary to install electrics safely and efficiently as soon as you leave the course.

Electrical Course Details

This electrical course is made up of course modules that can be completed either separately or back to back. Should the latter be chosen, you will be qualified as a General Domestic Electrical Installer in 3 weeks. About 70% of this electrical course is practical workshop training, while the remaining 30% is spent with classroom theory training.

All equipment and tools are provided for use during this electrical course but any books required for the course will need to be purchased before the course begins.

Part P Building Regulations & Foundation Electrical Training

We will start this electrical course with only one assumption; that everybody on the course knows little to nothing about the subject of electrics. In this way we ensure that everyone has the correct level of understanding throughout the course. 30% of your time will be spent in the classroom learning the all important electrical theory with the remaining 70% spent installing electrical components and circuits in our domestic electrical course training areas where you will cover all the requirements of Part P.

City & Guilds 2382-10 17th Edition Wiring Regulations

This electrical course will get you familiar with the important facets of the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations. This is must-have City & Guilds qualification is required by every electrician, as it proves that you understand the electrical regulations as they currently stand.

Who Should Apply?

Whether you’re an existing tradesman in need of updated qualifications, a DIY enthusiast or a newcomer to the world of an electrician, this electrical course is suitable for you.

Potential applicants could come from the following backgrounds but not exclusive to;
  • Plumbers
  • Gas engineers
  • Kitchen Fitters
  • Bathroom Installers
Our training centres are easily reachable from Cardiff, London, Bristol, and many other locations in Southern England and Wales. For more information about our domestic electrical installation course, contact us today.