Part P Electrical Installation Course
Part P Course OverviewAchieving a Part P certificate should be the goal of any aspiring or existing tradesperson and the best way to do that is through an intensive Part P electricians course. As of January 2005, building regulations Part P has stated that all domestic fixed electrical installations must be suitably installed, tested and inspected to make sure they are safe.
Our Part P Courses cover the work you would carry out in domestic properties:
- Maintenance tasks in houses, flats and apartments such as re-wiring and kitchen light installations
- Electrical work in combined domestic/business premises with a common electrical supply such as pubs or shops
- Work in flat communal areas (excluding lifts)
- Outbuildings, including sheds, garages and greenhouses
- Garden lighting and power supplies (including spas and security lighting)
- Extensions and loft conversions (The safety requirement will be applicable to alterations and additions to existing installations, including rewires, as well as to the new construction).
Part P Course DetailsOur state-of-the-art training centres are located throughout Southern England, South Wales, and the South West. From here you’ll learn from our experienced tutors in a range of practical and theoretical workshops that will bring you to a level of understanding which is comparable to many domestic electricians.
The Part P Course is divided into the following 8 modules;
- Basic principles
- Legislation & regulations
- Electrical safety
- Installation theory 1
- Installation theory 2
- Installation theory 3
- Installation practical
- Testing & documentation
Who Should Apply?There are no specific entry requirements for this Part P course, however it is primarily aimed at competent, qualified trades people who work on electrical installations in domestic premises as part of their job. This could range from any of the following;
- Kitchen fitters
- Fire Alarm Installers
- And more.